Friday, February 17, 2012

Cauliflower from my Garden!

My cauliflower just moments before harvest.

I don't know if it is just because I grew it, or maybe it is because it was so fresh when I ate it (literally seconds after I harvested it), or maybe because it was grown without chemical fertilizers and herbicides, but this cauliflower was the best I have ever tasted. Likely it was a bit of all three reasons, but I don't really care. It was fantastic. I am a little depressed I only have a few more left in my garden, but that is just more motivation for next season's garden!

A huge thanks to Jake for the cauliflower seedlings!

4 comments:

  1. That is some good looking cauliflower! For any other diabetics out there, if you miss your mashed potatoes but can't have the carbs, mash and whip some cauliflower with butter, salt and pepper. Wonderful, especially when it comes from a source you can see while sipping your morning coffee. Mr. Kitsteiner, thank you for your always informative and entertaining blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Rain23 said...also we made a cauliflower soup from the Make It Paleo cookbook, delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also grew cauliflower and the taste was totally different

    ReplyDelete